This site is hosted for British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. (BC Ferries) by Bang the Table Pty Ltd.
1.1. Bang the Table Pty Ltd (ACN 127 001 236) (Bang the Table) welcomes you to the Bang the Table community engagement portal at www.bcferriesprojects.com (the Site).
2. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2.2. Before you access the Site, it is important that you understand and agree to the TOU.
2.3. We will be changing the TOU from time to time without notice to you. You must regularly review the latest version of the TOU, as it will be the terms upon which you access the Site at all times. The most recent version of the TOU can be seen in this Terms and Conditions Page. You should bookmark the page so that you may conveniently review the TOU when you use the Site.
2.5. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or <Suite 300 - 1090 Homer Street, Vancouver B.C. V6B 2W9 > or at email@example.com if you see anything that violates the TOU.
3. INFORMATION AT THE SITE
3.1. The Site presents information provided by users of the site. We make no representations as to the accuracy of the information presented at or via the Site that has not expressly originated with us.
3.2. By using the Site you agree that Bang the Table, BC Ferries and any of their subsidiaries or related bodies corporate or any of their employees or agents are not responsible for:
- the accuracy or otherwise of the information displayed or omitted from the Site or Linked Sites;
- any person's reliance on the information presented on the Site or on Linked Sites;
- any loss in connection with the use of the Site or any Linked Site.
4. SIGN-IN AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
4.1. You agree to:
a) submit only true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site's registration procedure (the Registration Data) and
b) maintain and regularly update Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
4.2 As part of the Registration Data, you must provide us with a user name and email address. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we suspect that you have provided such information, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site, or part of it.
6. USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
6.1 If you complete the verified user registration process at the Site, you will receive a user password and account name to access the Site. You agree that:
- you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account;
- you are full responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account;
- you must immediately notify Bang the Table of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security;
- you must create no more than one user account at the Site;
- we, or our agents, may require access to your user account to respond to service or technical issues;
- subject to legal obligations, we or any providers of the Linked Sites or other services offered from the Site may send emails, newsletters, and other information to your user account.
7. USER CONDUCT
7.1 You understand and agree that this site is used to facilitate respectful and inclusive dialogue about a particular project or problem to be solved. In this spirit, you agree to respectful conduct and interaction while using this site.
7.2 You agree that you will not post content that is defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- sexual activity;
- crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- material designed to inflame or insight hate against an individual, group of individuals, organization or agency
- content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- personal information of individuals, including without limitation, images, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services;
- any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos including, without limitation, any visible third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos that might be in posted photographs;
- URLs or links to any websites;
- material that is significantly off-topic from the input being sought; and
- any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Bang the Table and/or BC Ferries in their sole discretion.
7.3 You understand and agree that:
- all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials, whether confidential or otherwise (Content), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom the Content originated;
- you are prohibited from advertising or offering to sell or buy any goods or services, except as expressly permitted in these TOU.
- you do not have a right to:
- post Content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit Content that is or includes unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," surveys, contests or any other form of solicitation;
- transmit Content that contains software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- transmit Content that harms minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation a Bang the Table or BC Ferries representative or another user of the Site, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity or the originator of a message;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other user accounts, computer systems or networks, through password mining or any other means;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law including without limitation laws of Australia, Canada (including without limitation British Columbia) and New Zealand and any regulations having the force of law;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another user;
- interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the Site;
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Site; or
- make any unauthorized commercial use of the Site.
7.4. You also acknowledge and agree that:
- Bang the Table and BC Ferries monitor Content and use of the Site, and that we and our designated agents have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Site;
- you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content;
- we may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with an obligation;
- enforce the TOU;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or
- protect the rights, property, personal safety, or business interests of Bang the Table, BC Ferries, users of the Site or the public; and
- the technical processing and transmission of the Site, including your Content, may involve transmissions over various networks, and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7.5. You agree to comply by the moderation rules.
8. INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
a) Content you or other users submit, post to or otherwise transmit through the Site,
b) your or other users’ use of or connection to the Site,
c) your or other users’ violation of the TOU, or
d) your or other users’ violation of any other's rights.
9. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
9.1 You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Site.
9.2 You acknowledge that Bang the Table:
a) is entitled to log off any account that is inactive for an extended period of time;
b) is entitled to change these general practices and limits at any time,
10. MODIFICATIONS AND DISCONTINUANCE
Bang the Table and/or BC Ferries reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue access to the Site (or any part), with or without notice, temporarily or permanently without liability to you or to any third party.
11. USER ACCOUNT TERMINATION
11.1. You agree that Bang the Table and/or BC Ferries may, in their sole discretion and with or without notice to you, terminate your password, account or use of the Site (or any part), and remove and discard any Content within the Site for any reason including without limitation, where a breach of copyright has been reported.
11.2. You agree that Bang the Table and/or BC Ferries may in their sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part, to you with or without notice, and without liability to you or any third parties.
11.3. You agree that termination of your access to the Site under any provision of these TOU may occur without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/ or bar any further access to such files or the Site.
11.4. If your account or access to the Site is terminated for any reason, you must immediately cease using the Site and Software. Termination does not affect any of our accrued rights or liabilities.
12. DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES
12.1. Your communications or dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third parties found at or via the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant third parties
12.2. You agree that Bang the Table and/or BC Ferries are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Site.
13. BANG THE TABLE PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
13.1. You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Site and any necessary software used in connection with the Site, including but not limited to the software known as Engagement HQ™ (the Software), contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws; and
- the Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you via the Site or via third parties is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
13.2. Except as expressly authorised by Bang the Table or third parties, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Site or the Software, in whole or in part.
13.3. You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the website and interfaces that are provided by Bang the Table for use in accessing the Site.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
14.1. You expressly understand and agree that:
- your use of the Site is at your sole risk;
- the Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
14.2. Bang the Table and BC Ferries expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind capable of exclusion whether express or implied, including without limitation all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
14.3. Bang the Table and BC Ferries make no warranty that:
- the Site will meet your requirements;
- the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations; and
- any errors in the Software will be corrected.
14.4. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
14.5. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through or from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOU.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
15.1. You understand and agree that Bang the Table and BC Ferries, our related bodies corporate and the employees and agents of each are not liable for any damages, economic or other loss or damage whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary and even if we has been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising out of any breach of any implied or express term, condition or warranty or suffered as a result of the negligence of any of them (including without limitation loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses) or in respect of:
- the use of, or the inability to use the Site;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into via or from the Site;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Site; or
- any other matter relating to the Site;
You specifically acknowledge that Bang the Table and BC Ferries shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
15.2. In no event will Bang the Table and BC Ferries be liable for any loss of profits, cost of cover, loss of data, or any special, incidental, indirect or consequential (or similar) damages under the laws of any jurisdiction, however caused and on any theory of liability (including negligence) arising out of or related to your use of the Site.
16. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
16.1. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. So some of the limitations in the TOU may not apply to you.
17.1. Notices must be in writing and may be given by hand, ordinary prepaid post or email. A notice by us to you is taken to be duly given and received:
- if delivered by hand, when delivered;
- if delivered by prepaid ordinary post, on the second business day after posting; and
- if delivered by email, one business day after sending.
17.2 We may also provide notices of changes to the TOU or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Site.
18. TRADE MARK INFORMATION
18.1. The Bang the Table and BC Ferries trade marks, and other Bang the Table and BC Ferries logos and product and service names are trade marks of Bang the Table and BC Ferries respectively (the Bang the Table Marks and the BC Ferries Trade Marks).
18.2. You agree not to display or use the Bang the Table Marks or BC Ferries Trade Marks in any manner without prior permission.
19.1. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please let us know.
19.3. As used in this clause, information includes but is not limited to data, text, photographs, drawings, sound recordings, feedback, and any other information or data displayed or presented publicly by you on the Site.
20. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES
20.1. From time to time BC Ferries will, with your prior consent, send you emails providing you with information about consultations in which you have participated or are participating.
20.2. Your consent to receive these emails does not affect your ability to opt out of receiving them by activating the 'opt out' option included in each email.
21. GENERAL INFORMATION
21.1. The TOU constitute the entire agreement between you, Bang the Table and BC Ferries, and governs your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and us.
21.2. You will be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use the Linked Sites, affiliate services, third party content or third party software.
21.3 The TOU and the relationship between you and us is governed by the laws of the British Columbia and Canada without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the province of British Columbia.
21.4. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU must not be treated as a waiver of the right or provision.
21.5. If any provision of the TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then the provision is deemed deleted but the court should try to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOU remain in full force and effect.
21.6. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site or the TOU must be filed within one year after the claim or cause of action arose, or be forever barred.
21.7. Your rights and obligations under the TOU are personal and may not be assigned or dealt with in any way without our permission, and which may be withheld in our absolute discretion.
21.8. Headings in the TOU are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation.
21.9. Bang The Table and BC Ferries reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notification of users.
21.10. This site is hosted for British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. by Bang the Table Pty Ltd.